Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Yoga

The time to relax is when you don't have time for it. -Sydney J. Harris


I have been doing yoga for 3 days now. In those 3 days I can't believe how much of a difference it is already making! You know how everyone says that in each sport you work muscles you never knew you had. Well this yoga that I'm doing is conditioning my body to stand up straight and be balanced. Who knew I would have to recondition the muscles that are supposed to be used simply for standing and everyday activity. Since I am so tall, at 6' 1'' I always hunched over; as a result my neck is always in pain and I think it triggers my migraines. I also have a very weak lower back. I have done several different yoga videos, and this one is by far the best. Try getting it from your library, and I'm telling you it has to be this one, it talks all about the breathing and that makes all the difference. It's called Yoga Zone: Introduction to Yoga: Beginners. I tried it for the first time from the library in Chaska. I just got it again through Netflix. I had to make sure it was the right one. I'm going to get the whole beginner collection. 4 CD's only $23 on Amazon. It is so relaxing, a great way to start your day or a nice way to wind down after a long, stressful day. It is a way of exercising without straining your body, and this is the beginner one, so it stresses that you go at your own pace, and they have one instructor doing the beginner version. It's so worth it!

1 comment:

Ames said...

I'm glad you are finding JOY in yoga. I tried it again last semester and I really dont find it relaxing! A 1/2 hour on the stair master chills me out...To each his own!