Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Things that Inspire

Do the kinds of things that come from the heart.
When you do, you won't be dissatisfied, you won't be envious,
You won't be longing for someone else's things.
On the contrary, you'll be overwhelmed with what comes back.
-Morrie Schwartz
To clarify: I might be doing some weird posts (that may not at times seem to do with the crafting world) I will post many crafty, artsy inspiration. But I believe it's the other things that we do that influence our art. So I'm encouraging everyone for their respective month to do some posts unique to them. Post about the things you love and are passionate about. Especially for the first round I would love to hear about the things that are unique to each one of us. I do want to keep it craft based. So I will post artsy ideas along with the other stuff. And I want it to be more about the crafts than the other stuff. Here is a list of the things that are inspiring me right now. I may do some more detailed posts about some of them. I want you guys to think about the things that you love and are passionate about and make you happy.

-Wide world of Blogging -Learning
-Pictures -Having Goals
-Thrift Stores -The Bible
-People -Going Green
-Etsy -Old Stuff
-Music -Soothing Spaces
-Movies -Quotes
-Window Shopping -Big Dreams
-Nature -Living passionately and purposefully
-Books -Magazines
-Journal writing -Cooking good food
-Talking on the phone -Slow pace of life
-Skiing -Organization
-Yoga -Decorating
-Putting more thought into my life-what I do with my time and money
-Sewing -Scrapbooking

No comments: