Friday, February 8, 2008

Assignment #2: People who Inspire

The influence of blogging is overall a very positive force in the media.
-Garrett M. Graff


This assignment you can do right now! Check out these blogs. You simply click on the name and you will be directed to their blog. I also added some of my favorite links on some of them. The world of blogging is so great. People are so positive and everyone out there encourages each other. I am also going to challenge you, don't just read their blogs- post a comment on one that you really like. And don't forget to bookmark the ones you like so you can easily revisit them later. I would advise making a blog folder if you haven't already! Jess and I have been hooked on this for about a year now. I'm sure she will share more great people! And I'm sure by the time the rest of you post, you will have found new blogs to share with the rest of us! There are so many great ideas floating around on the internet. These are some people who inspire me:

Rebecca Sower- I love her! She is a christian and she does a fabulous job of letting her light shine through her work. She has the best studio, check it out. I love it. I love her style. She uses lots of vintage pieces in her work.

Emily Falconbridge- She is a very natural girl. She is from Australia. She loves to paint on her scrapbook pages. I love her style. She also hosted 52 deck of art cards. Every week last year she posted a prompt and everyone altered a playing card to fit the prompt idea. I did this. I had a great time doing it. I still need to take pics of my cards, here is a peak! She is hosting another challenge this year. I'm not doing it this time.




Artsy Mama- Mom, you have to check her out. She is from MN and she doesn't do a lot of scrapbooking-more mixed media art. She always goes to Estate Sales and posts about what she finds. It makes me happy reading her blog!

Ali Edwards- She is a very thoughtful scrapbooker. She is so inspirational with getting the juice flowing and getting ideas onto the page. She had a cool December Daily book going, check it out- it's rad! And she encourages everyone to pick a word for this year to represent you (check out her AEZine challenge category in her sidebar. She is very inspiring to me this year especially because I think she's got it together and is one organized lady!

Heidi Swapp- I first learned about her from the Designing with Texture book I bought. I thought it was so cool how she was "discovered" She left her scrapbook at a store by accident, and the people working at the store looked through her scrapbook and loved it- one thing led to another. And look at her now! She has her own product line! She is a go getter kind of person. She took her large family (6 kids) to live in China this last year while her husband pursued his dreams.


Tracy Porter- I did a whole blog post on why I love this lady. You can read it here.

Jordan- Her blog is great to look at. She finds a lot of beautiful things. I love the idea of going back to homemade stuff. Check this out (ok, I couldn't get it to link to the exact post, so you need to scroll down to wooden play gym- I love that idea!)

Alicia Paulson- She writes the best blog. She takes the most wonderful pictures. She is a fantastic, sewer, crocheter, etc. etc. Check her out, you'll see what I mean! She is the one who got me collecting old sheets to make things out of.

Jenny- This chick does amazing painting! She loves all things pink and blue and she loves vintage bakery items. This is most definitely the person to check out in February. Her art combines sweet treats, and pastels.

Now some un-scrapbook blogs I just love.

The Pioneer Woman- Check her out for a good laugh and a neat look into the life of a rancher.

Zen Habits- Sam and I love this blog! It tells all about ways to simplify your life, reduce clutter, lots of good stuff. Check it out.

My Marrakesh- In another lifetime I think I came from Morocco or India- those colors speak to me and inspire me. This blog is so well written. The woman who writes it lives in Morocco.


So now that you have checked these people out, I'm sure you'll never stop. Once you do it, you're hooked. It's so easy to spend so much time looking- one blog leads you to another blog. It is fabulous. I find that I have to limit myself or I spend way too much time doing this. Blogging is my weakness. I don't have a TV, this is a big part of my entertainment. Enjoy! Let me know (by leaving a comment) which one you liked the best. Jess, let me know if there are any new ones you haven't seen before.


1 comment:

swell.life said...

Yes! These are all great blogs! The only one I haven't heard of is My Marrakesh (sp?).