Saturday, February 2, 2008

Exercise

* Sadly, not everyone has received their package yet, I was going to post the contents on here, but we need to wait for everyone to get theirs, in the mean time, I will be posting, so keep checking. I will update this at least once a day!

All parts of the body which have a function if used in moderation and exercised in labors in which each is accustomed, become thereby healthy, well developed and age more slowly, but if unused they become liable to disease, defective in growth and age quickly.

~Hippocrates~

Exercise is so important to a well balanced life. I love to exercise. When I lived in Colorado and worked as a rafting guide I never got sick and I didn't get any headaches. When I moved to Eau Claire and changed to a more sedentary life the headaches returned. I was in the best shape of my life in CO. (Naturally that is why I used a pic. from that period of time for my profile because there is a good chance that I will never look like that again!) I skied nearly every day in the winter. I biked a mile on a hilly gravel road to work everyday in the summer, and of course doing my job was quite a work out. I was outside everyday and I loved it. I had such a hard time readjusting to working inside. It was so sad for me. Natural light and getting out is great. I love hiking to the waterfalls where we live right now, and as I approach the forest this lovely sign greets me:

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher.
-William Wordsworth



No comments: