Monday, February 11, 2008

left my heart


Here to inspire...Presenting Jessica's rendition of February's C*J Challenge! I faithfully used each and every pretty component of my kit. How handy-dandy that I'm currently working on our honeymoon scrapbook...A love theme was a cinch! First, I used Bek's reused tag from the Body Shop. I slathered it with pink+red+white polka-dot paints and layered a scrap of coral-colored paper and my acetate tag. To finish it off, I secured the threesome with my large pink eyelet.

Next I tackled my bottle cap. I must admit, I've never used a bottle cap on a l/o before!! Good thing! I painted the bottle cap and added 2 layers of stickers. At first I used the heart sticker, but I felt that it needed something more. Amy's valentine stickers to the rescue!! I dug these out of my chocolate box of embellishments. Love that thing! I wasn't sure how to adhere the bottle cap. I stacked 3 pop-dot stickers to span the height of the cap. It worked pretty well.

Last but not least, I had a blast with all of the cute embellishments! I decided to line them up on my title block, to draw attention to my stitched, felt heart. I used plain white thread AND my sparkly red string leftover from Bek's wedding invites! I like how the double stitching turned out. :)Can't wait to see what the rest of you ladies come up with!!

3 comments:

Becca said...

I love your lay out! I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with. I want to post more techniques, but I don't want to cover up your page! I didn't have any vision at all when I picked the supplies, I kinda went more with colors-so it's great to get an idea and see all the pieces come together. It makes me want to make mine. Tomorrow is my date of all day scrapbooking! (I'm working on the menu for the lodge all day today-ugh!,this is a nice break!)
Great job- I give you an A++! :)

Mom K said...

Your page is beautiful,Jess. The picture of the city was awesome.You are giving me the boost to get going on my page, still no ideas in my brain. Mom-K

Ames said...

Jessica,
So now that I finished mine I can enjoy and ponder your lovely page! Nice work!