Saturday, February 9, 2008

Assignment #3: Make a Date

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes,
Art is knowing which ones to keep.
-Scott Adams

Schedule a date to craft this week. Pick a day that will work for you. Plan on ordering pizza that night, don't even think about cooking. If need be, let everyone know that you plan on scrapbooking, so you don't get bothered. Since you are planning ahead, it is a fun thing to look forward to. While you're at school or work you can think all day long about the fun you're going to have creating art! Pop in the Scraps of Love CD I gave you and create. If you feel stuck, try starting with your tag. It's a small thing. Just play around, paint it, look at it. Or do something else artsy-sketch-take pictures-just make sure it's artsy and try hard not to have any distractions-turn off your cell phone! Get in a groove and lose track of time! The other day I did this and I had the best time.

If you get sick of the Cd try listening to
Pandora. Pandora is fabulous. It picks songs for you and you create a personal radio station for yourself. I like picking Brandi Carlile as an artist. You can rate the songs, skip the ones you don't like. It customizes the station based on what you like and don't like. Listening to Pandora puts me in a good mood to create! Sam found another cool place for listening to free music. You do have to create an account, and as Sam says, there is some dumb stuff that goes along with it, cause I think it's kinda like myspace. But I like to type in the Juno soundtrack or 50 First Dates, or The OC. When you search for those soundtracks, a ton of other similar songs come up. I really liked this, it's how I found some of the songs to go on your CD.

This assignment will be completed later on in the week (or hey-whenever you want, maybe this weekend you'll have time) I plan on posting some technique ideas soon to give you a few new things to try. Have fun, let me know how it goes! And write down some good songs you found and share them with us!

3 comments:

swell.life said...

Awesome. I need this kick in the butt. I plan on doing some serious scrapping starting tomorrow night and continuing all day Monday. It's my bday present to myself!! :)

Ames said...

I just got an email from my friend Hilary(yes the one who lives in scrapbook heaven!). She's been sick the past 9 days and has been craming in some major scrapbook time! I'm hoping she is not too sick of it b/c I want to set a date this week to join her and get this project rolling!

Mom K said...

I am going to Eau Claire this weekend to spend time with Jenny and my mom. I plan on bringing Jenny her scrapbooking things and we plan on doing some scrapbooking then. I'm much better at scrapping if I can do it with someone else but this blog is really inspiring me and helping me to do it on my own. Thanks Becca! Mom-K