Thursday, February 21, 2008

New Assignment: Window Shop!

Alright ladies, just because you're done with the major assignment doesn't mean you're off the hook! I had enough posts to do one a day, but that was just too much for everyone I think. This is a fun assignment. It is to simply window shop. I know you all do it all the time. You can just leave a comment, or do a post with some pics of some good window shopping. I seem to always be shy about taking pictures at stores, but hey, this is homework, so you can feel comfortable doing it! You can also bring a tiny notebook with you, so you can jot down any good ideas that you see. It's great to get decorating and design ideas from stores. I especially like going to the big stores downtown. They have so many cool ideas. I would just love to work at Anthropologie. I believe that in every store they hire people to do projects and make it look cool. They get to buy old suitcases and cool vintage couches. The one in Seattle had the whole upstairs wall lined with chopped I don't think it's like Target, where a display at one store is exactly like the other stores. I'm guessing that's part of the reason their clothes are astronomically priced! But, nevertheless it is fun to look. And if they have a crazy discount, and a button missing, you might be able to snag something (and not just window shop!)

So this was a stolen idea from Anthropologie. I just couldn't resist. I think I'll post some more bathroom pictures on my blog in a few days, so check that if you want to see the rest of it. I stole paint chips from Lowes and put a few pics. from the Oregon coast and starfish and tidepools in a few tiles. Free decorating, gotta love it!

No comments: