Sunday, February 10, 2008

Contents: The February Scraps of Love Package

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
-Picasso

Well, FINALLY I think everyone has received their package. (So sorry Jess) Here is what is in it:
IN THE ZIPLOCK BAG:
-2 eyelets (1 pink, 1 purple) and 1 pink snap eyelet
-1 mini clothespin (pink or purple)
-1 pink epoxy valentine sticker (on acetate sheet)-you can be resourceful and use the plastic piece it comes off of
-1 pink jewel
-1 acetate tag (just so you know-this is a sticker-the backing peels off, so you don't need adhesive for it-again, you can use this plastic backing-an acetate tag!
-1 bottle cap (Sam likes beer!)
-1 ring (one of my old ones-you may recognize them!)
-3 vintage buttons (from my stash from Salvation Army)

LOOSE IN THE ENVELOPE:
-1 piece of wool pink felt

-3 scraps of Basic Grey paper
-1 red ribbon (from my wedding)
-1 piece of crocheted "ribbon" (from a bag of crocheted goodies from Savers)
-1 piece of purple ribbon (from a bag of goodies from Savers)

-1 of 5 assorted recycled tags (from my Christmas gifts-more on this one later)

-And for fun, I made a Scaps of Love CD for all of you to enjoy while scrapping!
-And Pink VS Panties! (Jess, Amy, and I have been exchanging on V-day for 8? years now!)

(*You guys do not have to make a CD each time, or include another gift-just so ya know)

And you each got a card-one that I already had made they were all different, I didn't take a pic of those-one was an octopus love postcard, 2 of a clothes swap extra invite, one from a card class

One more time, the list of everything at one glance. Make sure you got everything and didn't miss anything in the envelope.
-2 eyelets and 1 snap eyelet
-1 mini clothespin (pink or purple)
-1 pink epoxy valentine sticker (on acetate sheet)-you can be resourceful and use the plastic piece it comes off of
-1 pink jewel
-1 acetate tag (just so you know-this is a sticker-the backing peels off, so you don't need adhesive for it-again, you can use this plastic backing-an acetate tag!
-1 bottle cap (Sam likes beer!)
-1 ring (one of my old ones-you may recognize them!)
-3 vintage buttons (from my stash from Salvation Army)
-1 piece of wool pink felt
-3 scraps of basic grey paper
-1 piece of red ribbon (from my wedding)
-1 piece of purple ribbon (from a bag of goodies from Savers)
-1 piece of crocheted "ribbon" (from a bag of crocheted goodies from Savers)
-1 recyled tag (from my christmas gifts-more on this one later!)

The Rules:
Make a 12x12 page using everything in the bag. (You can alter however you wish, and you don't need to use all of it. For example, if you only use 2 inches of the ribbon that is fine, as long as part of it is on there. I am excited to share some ideas to come on why I picked some things and some ideas. You are free to do whatever you would like. You can include a picture on the page, but you don't have to. You can also add other things you have already to the page, you are not limited to just what is in the bag. I hope you have fun and I hope this stretches you creatively. I can't wait for the months to follow to see what everyone else comes up with!

No comments: