Saturday, February 16, 2008

The finished: My Dearest Loira

Well, I finished mine. I don't know about you guys, but I had a hard time figuring out how to use everything, and I was the one who picked the items! I had a couple totally different ideas for creating this page, but in the end I decided to make it about my grandparents love letters during WWII. I copied an original letter onto tracing paper. The letter itself was written on paper just as thin. My other patterned papers are below the letter. Since some of the pink was too light I had to tone it down. I used alcohol ink on the clothesepin, and on the pink eyelets.
I had some clear UTEE (ultra thick embossing powder.) After painting my tag, and then putting some distressing ink over it, I added an old valentine rub on I had. Then, I embossed it with my UTEE. I embossed several layers. If you guys don't know about this stuff, it's really cool it makes everything you use it on look plastic. So after several coats I bent it back and forth and it crackled. I did a paint/water wash over the heart sticker to tone it down and added the buttons.
I had the best time stitching! I love stitching! I painted some newspaper with watered down pink acrylic paint, cut a heart with pinking shears. Then I used the blanket stitch on the purple felt. I attempted the chain stitch on the pink heart, not sure if I did it right, but it sorta worked. (I used my new to me, old Good Housekeeping book and studied different stitches!) I figured since I was sewing it on, I'd add a little fluff, so I stuffed some batting in it.

I put the acetate tag onto the patterned paper and I attached the ring to it. I thought this could symbolize their engagement ring.

I stitched my lace onto the page. I put my pink gem into the bottle cap. I had some silver beads I threw around the edges. I used purple crystal lacquer around the outside, and I used pink on the inside. I also made a little purple heart out of the purple crystal lacquer in the middle (you can't really see it) This picture is a bit blurry, sorry. Oh, and crystal lacquer is another cool thing that acts kinda like resin. I have it in a bunch of colors. You can also use it on a page and make your own bubbles. (I love to buy weird stuff like this at scrapbooking stores when it goes on sale!)

1 comment:

Ames said...

Sorry to take so long to comment...ive looked at it a few times and its lovely! Its got character and a story, great work!