Sunday, March 30, 2008

orcas island memory box




I made my tin into a memory box of items that I collected at Orcas Island while Allen and I were visiting Sam and Becca. We took the ferry across Puget Sound to the island. We stayed at a b&b called Turtle Back Farm inn.
We all had a fantastic stay so I decided to use my Altoid tin to collect my memories. I am going to put the tin in an old book that I am altering. I will hide it as a drawer inside the book. Sam found a great old book for me to use in an antique store in Sultan. Becca tells me that I will post the finished book later... I say much later. I used lots of Becca's great art supplies such as gesso, paint modeling paste . I scraped away the outline of the box using a palette knife. I had fun making the inside of the lid because I tore paper from the packaging on some homemade soap we bought on the islands and also put logos from places we visited.

1 comment:

swell.life said...

Congrats on getting your projects & posts up, Karen! Your memory box was a wonderful idea--what a neat souvenir from a very special week.