Monday, March 10, 2008

easter card inspiration

Happy Monday, girls! *Apologies* for being a bit slow at getting going this month. I promise that all of my ducks are officially in a row and you can expect some serious creativity coming your way from now 'til April! First things first, how are your cards coming? I'm just popping in to share three inspirational samples. :) I'll elaborate on some tips and techniques with each one to help jump start your crafting this week.1. Blossom card: Pull out your flower sponge stamp and acrylic paints and stamp away! I chose to stamp the image in 3 different colors onto plain white copy paper. Next, I used Tombo Multi liquid glue to adhere the images onto chipboard. Then--a little thin point sharpie around the edges, doodle on a few polka-dots, and voila! You've created your own chipboard embellishments! To finish the card, I used pop dots (one of my current absolute favorite scrapping supplies!) to add dimension among the three blooms. Oh, and a note on the paper tearing--I know for some, paper tearing is a daunting task. But I promise, it doesn't take surgical precision to get a great looking edge. Simply hold firmly to both sides {of the paper you intend to tear} and rip quickly and steadily. On this card, I decided to have both ripped pieces mirror one another to create a more symmetrical look. Don't be shy. Rip, rip, rip!
2. Egg card: This card is as simple as cutting and pasting! First, I stamped a swirly motif directly on the card using acrylic stamps and a pale pink ink pad. Then...Remember those boring egg die cuts in your kit? Whip them out and whip them into some darling, decorated Easter eggs! Use ribbons, scrap paper, paints, chalks, glitter, etc to add a few complementary layers. It's easy to get these little scraps looking their Easter best. I adhered these to the card using glue dots and added a hand-written sentiment. {This would be a great place to use your alphabet rubber stamp set, if you're lucky enough to own one!!}
3. Easter tag card: The chipboard tag from the kit takes center stage in this card. Becca's all over this one already, I just know it! For my tag, I used pink acrylic paint, glittery chalk, and a brown foam ink pad to distress the edges. Once I was happy with the coloring, I used a ball point ink pen to haphazardly write the words to one of my favorite Easter hymns: I Know that My Redeemer Lives. Of course it doesn't have to be perfectly legible...It's part of the background. Next I tied polka-dotted ribbon around the tag and tucked another decorated egg die cut in. I also secured the tag to the background with glue dots.

*Don't forget to send one of your card creations to your assigned buddy! The other three are yours to share with whomever your heart desires, but don't forget to post pics of them here before sealing and dropping them in the mail!!

5 comments:

Ames said...

Some times your creativity really blows my mind Jess!

Ames said...

I'm off to school for my big essay mid-term! Have a wonderful day everyone!

Jenny said...

I love the cards Jess. And I'm finally on my much needed Spring Break! So I promise that I will post my much delayed February page, I'm so sorry that it's late but I'm going to finish it today.

Mom K said...

Lovely cards, Jess. I love the spring colors. Lucky are the people who will receive these cards. K Mom

Becca said...

I love your tag. And I've never heard of glitter chalk. It looks cool. And I love that stamp! I want a good background one! And I'm jealous of your camera!