Tuesday, April 29, 2008

a place for your pins to call home

Ta da! My rendition of Posie's lovely little felted sweater pin cushion. I so should not have posted hers, my inspiration first. Mine is a humble (at best!) comparison...But I still love it. Things I learned: This was surprisingly pretty easy to make without a pattern. The only tricky part is getting all of the corner seams to line up. Err, you can tell it's pretty flawed. Also, I underestimated the amount of strrettcchhing that the fabric would do once I stuffed it. It's definitely a super-sized pin cushion! Now to find some pretty pastel pins to decorate it!

2 comments:

Ames said...

It is so cute Jess! I love how it turned out.

Becca said...

Love it Jess! I love the colors and the little flower you added! And it's nice to have a huge pin cushion. Ones that are too dainty get lost underneath the project! That's what I think anyway!