Saturday, April 5, 2008

How about a purse






Well here it is! I figured I just wouldn't procrastinate and get right to it while I was excited about it! I tend to put off sewing projects because they intimidate me.

So I used the bottom of the sweater for this. I am still excited to use the cute part of the sweater. I have a lot left so I will have more projects to come!

My sewing machine didn't even give me any problems today. I was able to run this thick sweater through my machine. I was afraid it was going to catch on my feed dogs, and I would have to free motion stitch it, but it did just fine. I used one of my pillow cases to line it. I made a little pocket. Now I do have to attach the handles. I only found one, how lame! The cool thing about this handle is that it unscrews and you can put beads on it if you want. I kinda like it just plain though. I also need to make a closure to go over this button. I was contemplating embroidering something on the front, or adding a pocket. But I like it just plain red, what do you think?

2 comments:

Mom K said...

Good job Becca, it looks great and very chic. Love the lining, very fun.

Ames said...

Yes the lining is the best! cant wait to see what else can come from that lovely sweater!