Monday, June 2, 2008

East Coast Flowers

Please correct me if I'm wrong- Clematis
Lily of the valley. I must say. These are one of my most favorite flowers. I love how they delicately droop down. I have such fond memories of the ones that grew in the little crack between the house and the sidewalk on the back side of our house in Waterloo. I can remember the scent just like a perfume and I was so intrigued that they grew there in that tiny spot. And lily of the valleys are so much fun to pipe out of frosting too! And what a beautiful name, I wonder who the woman was who named it? I imagine it had to be a woman, a man wouldn't have come up with such a magical name.
Ah, and here is another one that brings back those childhood memories. Lilacs! Huge lilac trees bordered one whole side of our house in Waterloo. Whenever a gentle breeze blew the whole backyard was filled with that pleasant, sweet aroma!
Ok, I need some help here. Does anyone know this one?
Another kind of wild Trillium I do believe
And these 3 are columbine. I have some other pretty colors of some over here on the west coast. I just had to share all 3 pics because I love the way they look standing, and then close up when you flip them over to look at the petals as well.
Wild Daisy. Ok, so I know no technical name

Ok ladies. I have totally been slacking on the artsy side of this months challenge (or shall I say last months challenge), but I must tell you I have been spending some great time in the outdoors and I have been noticing all the beautiful flowers. Since I just happened to be visiting Elizabeth in New York this month, and since we did so much hiking I got a chance to take a lot of flower pics from the East coast. You'll notice, no extra credit for this girl, I don't know latin and just happened to find some easy flowers I knew the names of already! But rest assured, the books came out for the west side gardening going on over here!

I know we're all a little delayed in our posting, but how cool that we will get to see New York, California, Minnesota, Washington, and Hawaii flowers! Yay for vacations! As Jess said, I love that this months challenge takes advantage of all the different places we live (or visited) My only problem now is, which pictures to choose to put in the little book? Do I do the Tulip festival pics? The New York ones? Or the ones that we're working so hard to grow out here at the lodge? Decisions, decisions!

1 comment:

swell.life said...

great pics! is the white one stephanotis? just a guess, and probably a misspelled guess! :)