Tuesday, May 6, 2008

More Fun with Wool




I am just having the best time with my sweater. I still have a little left for one more project, and then of course there are the 2 extra sleeves! So this is a big and ridiculous wrist pin cushion. I cut out a piece of plastic and put it under the wrist part (to protect the wrist from getting stabbed with a needle) and then secured it in place by sewing a piece of felt over it. I just did the petals free hand. I sewed and gathered each row of petals before attaching it to the wrist part. The wool felt was from this huge piece I found at a thrift store. The color isn't my favorite, but it's alright. I'm sure you will see it showing up in my other stuff since I have so much! You know me, I just couldn't pass up a bargain. I got 2 or 3 yards of this yellow wool felt for $2.00!

2 comments:

swell.life said...

Bek, this is fabulous! I looove the big flower! The color is great--mustard yellow is trendy these days, duh. :)

swell.life said...

Bek, this is fabulous! I looove the big flower! The color is great--mustard yellow is trendy these days, duh. :)